and what about the HUman Rights Museum, https//humanrights.ca
Believe, what graffiti artists can do on the theme “Believe” when working together in a community.
Please click link above
We have Island Of Lights here in Portage on our Island every winter. What if we could put a call out to artists to create a light piece to add to this or to be a permanent fixture someplace in the city?
What if we could have a festival/fundraiser where people purchased glow sticks and they became part of something much bigger?
A projected light show on the dark provincial building in the centre of town?
Great link through Pintrest to many examples of installation art
Ice balloon master pieces link below
Collaborative ice sculpture, ask people to bring ice in any shape, some colored with food colouring and assembled into a large piece on site, with slush and salt.
1. Transform garbage
2. Direct the flow of people in an urban setting
3. Document the passing of time
4. Sell Nothing
5. Create decoration that is also information.
6. Celebrate and everyday object by giving it a new use in a public setting. For example transform a plastic shopping bag.
7. Create a piece that is dependent on height.
8. Create a piece that incorporates one of the senses you use the least
9. Create pieces based on a recurring character
10. Create a piece using one of your habits as a source
11. Create a piece that answers the question, “if you only had one last chance to say something to the world, what would it be?”
12. Share little bits of your life one or two sentences at a time.
13. Instead of asking questions, give answers
14. Create a piece based on light
15. Create a piece based on sound
16. Create a piece that is subtractive
17. Work with the concept of instant sculpture
18. Create a piece that incorporates air.
19. Create a piece that is dependent on rain
20. Create a piece that changes over time.
21. Combine 2 of the above ideas
22.Create a work and install it in a secret location
Exercises from “The Guerilla Art Kit” by Keri Smith